Solid Edge is ideal for anyone in the mechanical engineering or electrical engineering fields requiring software that offers 3D design and printing, assembling parts, surface and part modeling, simulation, 2D drafting, reporting, technical documentation, and cloud-based collaboration
Solid Edge is ideal for anyone in the mechanical engineering or electrical engineering fields requiring software that offers 3D design and printing, assembling parts, surface and part modeling, simulation, 2D drafting, reporting, technical documentation, and cloud-based collaboration.
Solid Edge software is a comprehensive 3D design system that uses synchronous technology to accelerate design, make revisions faster, and enable better re-use. With 3D CAD, simulation, and data management, Solid Edge helps companies design better and complete their projects faster.
Solid Edge delivers the cloud capabilities you need by providing easy access to professional 3D CAD across devices, the instant configuration of your CAD environment to your preferences, and the ability to quickly share data with colleagues, suppliers, and customers. With cloud-ready Solid Edge, the need for IT support is limited, freeing them up to work on productivity-enhancing projects instead of daily system maintenance
Cloud-ready Solid Edge is installed and run from your local device and files are cached locally, ensuring consistent high performance and reliability. Solid Edge users can continue to work uninterrupted even if they lose an internet connection. This is essential for CAD users when traveling, working on-site with customers, and for anyone without a 100% reliable internet connection.
Solid Edge Benefits
- Fully leverage the value of your Solid Edge products
- Lower software upgrade costs and make it easier to predict your IT budget
- Engage in a more productive work environment resulting in increased efficiency
- Gain a competitive edge by achieving higher productivity
- Receive regular software updates and maintenance releases to ensure system stability and improve the usability
- Leverage a full range of problem-resolution tools and electronic services 24×7
Solid Edge Features
- Prompt and effective phone support
- Web-based direct technical support resources via GTAC
- Access the online knowledge base and forum for tips, tricks, and solutions
- Expanded visual design management capabilities enable you to complete projects faster and more efficiently
- Solid Edge is available to students and teachers from elementary school all the way up to the university level free of charge.
- Using Solid Edge provides easier visual access to modeling templates, recent documents, instructional videos, learning paths, online community, and standard parts via an elegant, refreshed startup page
- Drawing comparison enables you to easily identify differences between drawing revisions created in Solid Edge, cutting the time between development and manufacturing
- Solid Edge on the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 enables you to run full design sessions on this lightweight, highly portable platform.